GANS is a student run professional organization run by nursing students for nursing students.
Membership has several benefits, such as:
- Shared experiences with other nursing students
- Involvement gives students a voice about the future of their profession
- Opportunities to broaden and diversify knowledge and skills
- Leadership opportunities which translate into experiences relevant to the workforce
- Career building and networking opportunities
- Access to role models in our profession
- Service and community outreach opportunities
- Convention! Convention allows for students to do all of the above, as well as providing an opportunity for students from different colleges to build friendships and valuable professional connections.
GANS is an organization made up of 1,929 nursing students in the state of Georgia. Roughly 1,025 of the 1,929 GANS members are from total membership schools. Total membership schools are schools that offer NSNA membership as part of their student fees. These schools pay for member dues at once, allowing for students to sign up as a group upon enrollment, and offering a discount on the NSNA portion of their dues as a result.
- Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University: 326 members
- Georgia Gwinnett College: 136 members
- Gordon State College: 223 members
- The Nell Hodgson School of Nursing at Emory: 340 members
Information on the Total Enrollment Program with NSNA can be found here.
Applying for Constituency
Established local chapters, or those with five or more current NSNA members, can apply to be constituents of GANS. If your chapter does not currently have five or more NSNA members, you can apply to be a constituent on probationary terms.Start a Chapter Program
Getting the Pieces to Fit
If your school does not currently have a Student Nurses Association or if your school is looking to update your school's association bylaws and procedures, GANS encourages you to utilize "Getting the Pieces to Fit" published by the National Student Nurses Association.MORE INFO
Current GANS Constituent Chapters
All local chapters must re-submit a Constituency Application prior to the annual convention for recognition in the House of Delegates.